Frog eating snake is always startling (Video)
Published : 19 Oct 2017, 17:23
A perfectly-timed photograph of a carnivorous frog eating a snake has resurfaced on Reddit after years - but it remains as startling as ever.
Posted on Reddit two days ago, it shows a snake peeping out from a large green frog’s throat, presumably before it is swallowed.
Since being shared online, the photograph, aptly titled ‘One Last Scream Into the Abysssss’, has been ‘upvoted’ over 3,000 times.
According to the National Geographic, the picture is several years old and was probably taken in Australia.
Conservation biologist and National Geographic Explorer Jodi Rowley identified the species as an Australian green tree frog, Litoria caerulea.
This frog can be found all over Australia and New Guinea, according to the National Geographic.
Whether the snake is a common meal for frogs is hard to say.
‘It really has more to do with prey being smaller than the mouth size and moving across the frog’s field of view,’ says Karen Lips, a conservation biologist at the University of Maryland. Basically, if the frog can eat it, it probably will, even though its regular diet consists of insects and sometimes mice.
- Most viewed
- Five killed in Rangpur, Gaibandha road crashes
- 'Killer' Nura held over Banani businessman murder
- Eid holidaymakers start leaving capital
- Moon sighting committee meets Friday
- 5 Reasons why Brazil is the favorite to win the World Cup
- FIFA World Cup 2018 kicks off Today
- Another suspect drug peddler killed in Chandpur gunfight
- 14 June Births
- 14 June Deaths
- 14 June Events