Elephant’s body recovered in Sherpur
Published : 05 Jul 2018, 14:54
Forest officials recovered the body of a male elephant from Gurucharan-Dudhnoi area in Jhenaigati upazila on Thursday.
Being informed by locals, a team of forest department recovered the body around 7am, said Md Ashraful Alam, beat officer of Tawakucha beat of Forest Department in Jhenaigati upazila.
The elephant, aged around 14/15 years, has tusks around one foot, he said.
“The exact reason behind its death could not be known immediately and there was no injury mark in its body,” said the forest officer.
The elephant might have died due to indigestion as jackfruit seeds were found in its dung collected from the spot, he added.
- Most viewed
- Keto or vegan? Hear it from the nutritionist
- Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra: 5 times actress turned heads
- Wonder benefits of coconut oil
- Three people killed in Thailand helicopter crash
- Robert Miller likely new US envoy to Bangladesh
- Google faces record 4.3-bn-euro EU fine over Android
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- FAO recognizes Bangladesh as 3rd top fish producing country
- Govt. took all steps for conservation of Sundarbans: PM
- Sonam Kapoor's Truly 'The Good Wife'