Elephant’s body recovered in Sherpur
Published : 05 Jul 2018, 14:54
Forest officials recovered the body of a male elephant from Gurucharan-Dudhnoi area in Jhenaigati upazila on Thursday.
Being informed by locals, a team of forest department recovered the body around 7am, said Md Ashraful Alam, beat officer of Tawakucha beat of Forest Department in Jhenaigati upazila.
The elephant, aged around 14/15 years, has tusks around one foot, he said.
“The exact reason behind its death could not be known immediately and there was no injury mark in its body,” said the forest officer.
The elephant might have died due to indigestion as jackfruit seeds were found in its dung collected from the spot, he added.
- Most viewed
- Bangladesh face Afghanistan in crucial super four match tomorrow
- Bangabandhu Gold Cup Trophy ceremonially unveiled Saturday
- Libya urges 'effective' UN action to end Tripoli violence
- EVM to be used in election if legalised: CEC
- WB Vice President due Sunday to discuss Rohingya issue
- Iran FM blames 'foreign regime' backed by US for parade attack
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- Kenya lifts ban on lesbian film
- 24 killed as gunmen attack military parade in Iran (VIDEO)
- Bangladesh jute, handicrafts sector to get more Dutch assistance