5 ‘muggers’ held after 'gunfight' in Dhaka
2 of them sustain gunshot wounds after ‘gunfight’ with Rab
Published : 11 Sep 2017, 13:56
Two suspected muggers sustained bullet injuries in a gunfight with members of Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) in Bosila Beribadh area in Hazaribagh of city last night.
The injured were identified as Abdul Haque, 35, son of Shukur Ali and Kabul Sheikh, 38, son of late Sheikh Akbar, both residents of the area.
They were admitted to Dhaka Medical College and Hospital (DMCH) around 10:00pm.
Sub-inspector Bachchu Mia, in-charge of DMCH police camp said the members of Rab-2 took the injured to the hospital and admitted them there.
The elite force also arrested three others suspected muggers from the spot in this incident.
Senior ASP Rabiul Islam, operation officer of Rab-2 said a team of five muggers was roaming the area with a stolen microbus when a patrol team of Rab-2 challenged them.
Sensing danger, the muggers opened fire on the elite force, forcing them to fire back.
At one stage Abdul Haque and Kabul Sheikh sustained bullet injuries to their thighs while their three accomplices were held from the spot.
The elite force also recovered a pistol, five rounds of bullets and a magazine from the spot, Rabiul Islam added.
- Most viewed
- Keto or vegan? Hear it from the nutritionist
- Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra: 5 times actress turned heads
- Wonder benefits of coconut oil
- Three people killed in Thailand helicopter crash
- Robert Miller likely new US envoy to Bangladesh
- Google faces record 4.3-bn-euro EU fine over Android
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- FAO recognizes Bangladesh as 3rd top fish producing country
- Govt. took all steps for conservation of Sundarbans: PM
- Sonam Kapoor's Truly 'The Good Wife'