7 more Rohingya bodies recovered from Naf river
Published : 13 Sep 2017, 11:48
Police recovered seven more bodies of Rohingya people, who tried to enter Bangladesh to escape persecution in Myanmar, after another boat capsized in Naf river last night.
Informed by locals around 7:00am, the law enforcers recovered the bodies of two men, two women and three children from Teknaf upazila of Cox’s Bazar around 7:00am.
Four of the bodies were recovered from Shah Pori Dwip and three from Jaliapara in the Teknaf upazila said Mohammad Main Uddin Khan, officer-in-charge (OC) of Teknaf Police Station.
With these, total death toll from Rohingya boat capsize incidents rose to 84.
According to latest UN estimates, 370,000 Rohingya refugees have fled into Bangladesh since August to escape the spate of crackdown by Myanmar’s military forces in the Rakhine state.
On their way across the Bay of Bengal, incidents of boat capsize have taken on multiple occasions including the latest one.
- Most viewed
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Fan moments at FIFA World Cup Russia 2018
- Brazil to provide support for development of football in Bangladesh
- 29000 academic bodies work to mobilise anti-narcotics public opinion
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- SC Order on Khaleda's bail in 2 cases July 5
- Tk 1,400cr additional fund okayed for Padma Bridge
- ‘Get knocked up by FIFA players, win $$$ and Whoppers’: Burger King shamed for offensive ad
- 'Ronaldo is like a good port wine, he knows how to age best'
- Argentina faces Croatia tonight
- Suarez sends Uruguay into last 16
- Costa nets lucky goal as Spain beat Iran
- UK's May defeats Brexit rebels, but divisions still reign
- Pressure on Messi against Croatia after Ronaldo scores again
- Zico to visit Bangladesh soon: Brazilian ambassador
- Ronaldo header sees off Morocco
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- Body of ‘drug trader’ found in Chuadanga
- Mother ‘commits suicide’ after killing son in Panchagarh
- Neymar hopes for a ‘better’ game against Costa Rica