Indian held with gold at Dhaka airport
Published : 13 Sep 2017, 16:24
Customs officials yesterday held an Indian citizen with 250 gold pieces, weighing about 1.663 kilogrammes, at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in Dhaka.
The detainee, Ramjan Ali, 47, hailed from Berakpur of Uttar Chabbis Parguna in West Bengal, said Mohammad Sydul Islam, assistant commissioner of customs house.
Customs officials detained him after he reached Dhaka airport from Chittagong on a Biman Bangladesh airlines flight, BG 028, Sydul Islam said.
The total price of the gold is around Tk 83.15 lakh, the official added.
- Most viewed
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Fan moments at FIFA World Cup Russia 2018
- Brazil to provide support for development of football in Bangladesh
- 29000 academic bodies work to mobilise anti-narcotics public opinion
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- SC Order on Khaleda's bail in 2 cases July 5
- Tk 1,400cr additional fund okayed for Padma Bridge
- ‘Get knocked up by FIFA players, win $$$ and Whoppers’: Burger King shamed for offensive ad
- 'Ronaldo is like a good port wine, he knows how to age best'
- Argentina faces Croatia tonight
- Suarez sends Uruguay into last 16
- Costa nets lucky goal as Spain beat Iran
- UK's May defeats Brexit rebels, but divisions still reign
- Pressure on Messi against Croatia after Ronaldo scores again
- Zico to visit Bangladesh soon: Brazilian ambassador
- Ronaldo header sees off Morocco
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- Body of ‘drug trader’ found in Chuadanga
- Mother ‘commits suicide’ after killing son in Panchagarh
- Neymar hopes for a ‘better’ game against Costa Rica