Ecnec okays Tk 665 crore project for development of 10,000 infrastructures
Published : 13 Sep 2017, 16:37
The Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (Ecnec) has approved a project involving Tk 665.61 crore for development, renovation and extension of some 10,000 universal social infrastructures like graveyards, mosques, crematories, temples, churches.
The approval came from an Ecnec meeting held at the NEC Conference Room in the city on Tuesday with its Chairperson and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair.
Briefing reporters after the meeting, Planning Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal said a total of 10 projects were approved today with an overall estimated cost of Tk 5,180.73 crore.
"Of the total project cost, Tk 4,462.25 crore will come from the state exchequer, Tk 19.93 crore from the organization's own fund while the rest of Tk 698.57 crore from project assistance," he said.
Of the approved 10 projects, nine are new while one is revised project.
- Most viewed
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Fan moments at FIFA World Cup Russia 2018
- Brazil to provide support for development of football in Bangladesh
- 29000 academic bodies work to mobilise anti-narcotics public opinion
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- SC Order on Khaleda's bail in 2 cases July 5
- Tk 1,400cr additional fund okayed for Padma Bridge
- ‘Get knocked up by FIFA players, win $$$ and Whoppers’: Burger King shamed for offensive ad
- 'Ronaldo is like a good port wine, he knows how to age best'
- Argentina faces Croatia tonight
- Suarez sends Uruguay into last 16
- Costa nets lucky goal as Spain beat Iran
- UK's May defeats Brexit rebels, but divisions still reign
- Pressure on Messi against Croatia after Ronaldo scores again
- Zico to visit Bangladesh soon: Brazilian ambassador
- Ronaldo header sees off Morocco
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- Body of ‘drug trader’ found in Chuadanga
- Mother ‘commits suicide’ after killing son in Panchagarh
- Neymar hopes for a ‘better’ game against Costa Rica