Collision halts Dhaka-Ctg train service
Published : 13 Jan 2018, 13:03
The rail communications of Chittagong with Dhaka remained cut off following a collision between a Demu train and a truck at Panusua in Sadar upazila.
The accident took place around 9:30am on Saturday when the sand-laden truck hit the Comilla-bound Demu train at an unauthorised level-crossing, said Shafiqur Rahman, the station master of Comilla Railway Station.
Following the collision, the wheels of the train veered off the rail track, said the station master.
A Dhaka-bound train, 'Subarna Express', got stranded at Comilla Rail Station following the derailment.
A relief train from Akhaura was on its way to the spot to salvage the Demu train, he added.
- Most viewed
- Five killed in Rangpur, Gaibandha road crashes
- 'Killer' Nura held over Banani businessman murder
- Eid holidaymakers start leaving capital
- Moon sighting committee meets Friday
- 5 Reasons why Brazil is the favorite to win the World Cup
- FIFA World Cup 2018 kicks off Today
- Another suspect drug peddler killed in Chandpur gunfight
- 14 June Births
- 14 June Deaths
- 14 June Events