Collision halts Dhaka-Ctg train service
Published : 13 Jan 2018, 13:03
The rail communications of Chittagong with Dhaka remained cut off following a collision between a Demu train and a truck at Panusua in Sadar upazila.
The accident took place around 9:30am on Saturday when the sand-laden truck hit the Comilla-bound Demu train at an unauthorised level-crossing, said Shafiqur Rahman, the station master of Comilla Railway Station.
Following the collision, the wheels of the train veered off the rail track, said the station master.
A Dhaka-bound train, 'Subarna Express', got stranded at Comilla Rail Station following the derailment.
A relief train from Akhaura was on its way to the spot to salvage the Demu train, he added.
- Most viewed
- Amaranth Walnut Salad Recipe
- Keep vigil on crimes in jail: President
- Asaduzzaman Noor and Shykh Seraj named for Independence Award
- Teenager held for ‘raping’ Sunamganj minor girl
- Power generation sets new record; crosses 10,000 MW
- ‘Robber’ killed in gunfight with Rab at Gabtoli
- Woman found dead in Narsingdi
- 2 to die for killing man in Manikganj
- 2 years of Tonu murder: Protesters demand justice
- 5 Rohingya ‘robbers’ held in Cox’s Bazar
- Airstrike on Syria Ghouta kills 15 children taking shelter in school: Monitor
- 8 dead in Mali ethnic clashes
- Palestinian President calls US ambassador to Israel ‘son of a dog’
- ‘Any actions & tricks to split China are doomed to failure’ – Xi
- Myanmar is worst-performing country for aid access
- Profile: Bangadeshis killed in US-Bangla plane crash
- 'Mentally much stronger now'
- Plane crash: Father, daughter laid to rest
- DNA profiling of 5 unidentified bodies this week
- Putin says will engage with West after record vote win