Moghbazar building fire put out
Published : 13 Jan 2018, 13:26
The fire that broke out in a high-rise building at Moghbazar in the capital on Saturday was doused after one hour of frantic efforts.
Sources at Fire Service and Civil Defence central control room said the fire broke out at the basement of the 16-storey building ‘Green Austral’ in Moghbazar Chowrasta area around 11:40am.
On information, five units of firefighters rushed to the spot and doused the flame around 12:35am, said Masudur Rahman Akanda, assistant director of the fire service.
A private car was gutted in the fire, said the official.
However, the origin of the fire could not be known yet.
- Most viewed
- Amaranth Walnut Salad Recipe
- Keep vigil on crimes in jail: President
- Asaduzzaman Noor and Shykh Seraj named for Independence Award
- Teenager held for ‘raping’ Sunamganj minor girl
- Power generation sets new record; crosses 10,000 MW
- ‘Robber’ killed in gunfight with Rab at Gabtoli
- Woman found dead in Narsingdi
- 2 to die for killing man in Manikganj
- 2 years of Tonu murder: Protesters demand justice
- 5 Rohingya ‘robbers’ held in Cox’s Bazar
- Airstrike on Syria Ghouta kills 15 children taking shelter in school: Monitor
- 8 dead in Mali ethnic clashes
- Palestinian President calls US ambassador to Israel ‘son of a dog’
- ‘Any actions & tricks to split China are doomed to failure’ – Xi
- Myanmar is worst-performing country for aid access
- Profile: Bangadeshis killed in US-Bangla plane crash
- 'Mentally much stronger now'
- Plane crash: Father, daughter laid to rest
- DNA profiling of 5 unidentified bodies this week
- Putin says will engage with West after record vote win