Moghbazar building fire put out
Published : 13 Jan 2018, 13:26
The fire that broke out in a high-rise building at Moghbazar in the capital on Saturday was doused after one hour of frantic efforts.
Sources at Fire Service and Civil Defence central control room said the fire broke out at the basement of the 16-storey building ‘Green Austral’ in Moghbazar Chowrasta area around 11:40am.
On information, five units of firefighters rushed to the spot and doused the flame around 12:35am, said Masudur Rahman Akanda, assistant director of the fire service.
A private car was gutted in the fire, said the official.
However, the origin of the fire could not be known yet.
- Most viewed
- Five killed in Rangpur, Gaibandha road crashes
- 'Killer' Nura held over Banani businessman murder
- Eid holidaymakers start leaving capital
- Moon sighting committee meets Friday
- 5 Reasons why Brazil is the favorite to win the World Cup
- FIFA World Cup 2018 kicks off Today
- Another suspect drug peddler killed in Chandpur gunfight
- 14 June Births
- 14 June Deaths
- 14 June Events