BNP to finalise DNCC mayor candidate tonight
Published : 13 Jan 2018, 15:48
BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia has called the party's standing committee meeting tonight to finalise the mayor candidate for the by-polls of Dhaka North City Corporation (DNCC).
The meeting will be held at 8:30pm tonight at the party chairperson’s Gulshan office in Dhaka, said Syrul Kabir Khan, an official of Khaleda's press wing.
The Election Commission announced that the polls to the DNCC mayoral post would be held on February 26.
Deadline for filing nomination is January 18, while January 21 and 22 have been set for scrutinising the nomination papers. January 29 is the last date for withdrawing candidacy.
The post fell vacant after its mayor Annisul Huq, a celebrated personality and successful businessman, died in London on November 30, after about two years in his first public office.
- Most viewed
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Fan moments at FIFA World Cup Russia 2018
- Brazil to provide support for development of football in Bangladesh
- 29000 academic bodies work to mobilise anti-narcotics public opinion
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- SC Order on Khaleda's bail in 2 cases July 5
- Tk 1,400cr additional fund okayed for Padma Bridge
- ‘Get knocked up by FIFA players, win $$$ and Whoppers’: Burger King shamed for offensive ad
- 'Ronaldo is like a good port wine, he knows how to age best'
- Argentina faces Croatia tonight
- Suarez sends Uruguay into last 16
- Costa nets lucky goal as Spain beat Iran
- Pressure on Messi against Croatia after Ronaldo scores again
- UK's May defeats Brexit rebels, but divisions still reign
- Zico to visit Bangladesh soon: Brazilian ambassador
- Ronaldo header sees off Morocco
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- Body of ‘drug trader’ found in Chuadanga
- Mother ‘commits suicide’ after killing son in Panchagarh
- Neymar hopes for a ‘better’ game against Costa Rica