BNP to finalise DNCC mayor candidate tonight
Published : 13 Jan 2018, 15:48
BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia has called the party's standing committee meeting tonight to finalise the mayor candidate for the by-polls of Dhaka North City Corporation (DNCC).
The meeting will be held at 8:30pm tonight at the party chairperson’s Gulshan office in Dhaka, said Syrul Kabir Khan, an official of Khaleda's press wing.
The Election Commission announced that the polls to the DNCC mayoral post would be held on February 26.
Deadline for filing nomination is January 18, while January 21 and 22 have been set for scrutinising the nomination papers. January 29 is the last date for withdrawing candidacy.
The post fell vacant after its mayor Annisul Huq, a celebrated personality and successful businessman, died in London on November 30, after about two years in his first public office.
- Most viewed
- Amaranth Walnut Salad Recipe
- Keep vigil on crimes in jail: President
- Asaduzzaman Noor and Shykh Seraj named for Independence Award
- Teenager held for ‘raping’ Sunamganj minor girl
- Power generation sets new record; crosses 10,000 MW
- ‘Robber’ killed in gunfight with Rab at Gabtoli
- Woman found dead in Narsingdi
- 2 to die for killing man in Manikganj
- 2 years of Tonu murder: Protesters demand justice
- 5 Rohingya ‘robbers’ held in Cox’s Bazar
- Airstrike on Syria Ghouta kills 15 children taking shelter in school: Monitor
- 8 dead in Mali ethnic clashes
- Palestinian President calls US ambassador to Israel ‘son of a dog’
- ‘Any actions & tricks to split China are doomed to failure’ – Xi
- Myanmar is worst-performing country for aid access
- Profile: Bangadeshis killed in US-Bangla plane crash
- 'Mentally much stronger now'
- Plane crash: Father, daughter laid to rest
- DNA profiling of 5 unidentified bodies this week
- Putin says will engage with West after record vote win