1st phase of Biswa Ijtema ends with Akheri Munajat
Published : 14 Jan 2018, 11:39
The first phase of the three-day Biswa Ijtema ends with akheri munajat today, Sunday.
Hafez Mohammad Zubayer, the Imam of Kakrail Mosque in Dhaka, conducted the Akheri Munajat that started at 11:00am, said the Ijtema organisers.
Thousands of devotees, both from home and abroad, have attended the congregation. Some 4,473 foreign devotees from 88 countries have joined the first phase of the Ijtema.
The second phase of Ijtema will be held on 19-21 January.
Tablighi Jamaat has been organising the Ijtema on the bank of Turag river since 1967. The Ijtema is being held in two phases from 2011 to ease the accommodation crisis.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Fan moments at FIFA World Cup Russia 2018
- Brazil to provide support for development of football in Bangladesh
- 29000 academic bodies work to mobilise anti-narcotics public opinion
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- SC Order on Khaleda's bail in 2 cases July 5
- Tk 1,400cr additional fund okayed for Padma Bridge
- ‘Get knocked up by FIFA players, win $$$ and Whoppers’: Burger King shamed for offensive ad
- 'Ronaldo is like a good port wine, he knows how to age best'
- Argentina faces Croatia tonight
- Suarez sends Uruguay into last 16
- Costa nets lucky goal as Spain beat Iran
- UK's May defeats Brexit rebels, but divisions still reign
- Pressure on Messi against Croatia after Ronaldo scores again
- Zico to visit Bangladesh soon: Brazilian ambassador
- Ronaldo header sees off Morocco
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- Body of ‘drug trader’ found in Chuadanga
- Mother ‘commits suicide’ after killing son in Panchagarh
- Neymar hopes for a ‘better’ game against Costa Rica