PM mourns death of ex-MP Yusuf
Published : 18 Feb 2018, 17:00
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Sunday expressed deep shock at the death of former lawmaker and freedom fighter Mohammad Yusuf.
The Prime Minister recalled with profound respects the contributions of Yusuf in the great Liberation War as well in politics.
"The nation has lost a valiant freedom fighter and veteran politician at his death," she said.
Yusuf, who had been elected MP from Rangunia constituency in Chittagong, breathed his last at the Combined Military Hospital in Dhaka this morning at the age of 69, his family sources said.
Yusuf left behind his two brothers, two sisters and a host of relatives and well-wishers to mourn his death.
Yusuf was admitted to Dhaka CMH on January 10 as per a directive of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
Earlier, the Prime Minister asked the deputy commissioner of Chittagong to take necessary steps for Yusuf's treatment.
- Most viewed
- US leaves 'hypocritical and self-serving' UN Human Rights Council
- Messi shares video of Bangladesh fans [ VIDEO ]
- 20 June Births
- 20 June Deaths
- 20 June Events
- Five killed in Rangpur, Gaibandha road crashes
- 'Killer' Nura held over Banani businessman murder
- Eid holidaymakers start leaving capital
- Moon sighting committee meets Friday
- 5 Reasons why Brazil is the favorite to win the World Cup