82,473 get primary scholarships
Published : 03 Apr 2018, 13:34
A total of 82,473 students have got scholarships in the Primary Terminal Examinations 2017.
Primary and Mass Education Minister Mostafizur Rahman announced the list of scholarship recipients at a press conference at his ministry's conference room at Bangladesh Secretariat on Tuesday morning.
The scholarships were given in two categories -- talent pool and general -- on the basis of highest marks in the examinations held in November last year.
Among the students, 32,998 students got scholarships in talent pool and 49,475 students in general.
Normally, 82,500 students get scholarships including 33,000 in talent pool and 49,500 in general. But, this year, the quota was not fulfilled for lacking of 2 students in talent pool and 25 students in general category.
However, the quota will be coordinated later, the minister added.
The results are available at the website of the Primary Education Directorate: www.dpe.gov.bd.
- Most viewed
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Fan moments at FIFA World Cup Russia 2018
- Brazil to provide support for development of football in Bangladesh
- 29000 academic bodies work to mobilise anti-narcotics public opinion
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- SC Order on Khaleda's bail in 2 cases July 5
- Tk 1,400cr additional fund okayed for Padma Bridge
- ‘Get knocked up by FIFA players, win $$$ and Whoppers’: Burger King shamed for offensive ad
- 'Ronaldo is like a good port wine, he knows how to age best'
- Argentina faces Croatia tonight
- Suarez sends Uruguay into last 16
- Ronaldo header sees off Morocco
- Costa nets lucky goal as Spain beat Iran
- Zico to visit Bangladesh soon: Brazilian ambassador
- Pressure on Messi against Croatia after Ronaldo scores again
- Neymar hopes for a ‘better’ game against Costa Rica
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- UK's May defeats Brexit rebels, but divisions still reign
- Body of ‘drug trader’ found in Chuadanga
- Mother ‘commits suicide’ after killing son in Panchagarh