82,473 get primary scholarships
Published : 03 Apr 2018, 13:34
A total of 82,473 students have got scholarships in the Primary Terminal Examinations 2017.
Primary and Mass Education Minister Mostafizur Rahman announced the list of scholarship recipients at a press conference at his ministry's conference room at Bangladesh Secretariat on Tuesday morning.
The scholarships were given in two categories -- talent pool and general -- on the basis of highest marks in the examinations held in November last year.
Among the students, 32,998 students got scholarships in talent pool and 49,475 students in general.
Normally, 82,500 students get scholarships including 33,000 in talent pool and 49,500 in general. But, this year, the quota was not fulfilled for lacking of 2 students in talent pool and 25 students in general category.
However, the quota will be coordinated later, the minister added.
The results are available at the website of the Primary Education Directorate: www.dpe.gov.bd.
- Most viewed
- 18 October Deaths
- 18 October Births
- 18 October Events
- Zimbabwe team arrives in Dhaka for ODI, Test series
- Joy criticises Dr Kamal for teaming up with BNP-Jamaat
- North, S Korea agree to open roads, rail
- I am on Trump's 'team': Mattis
- North Korea slams US for ‘evil’ sanctions
- Taliban kill 7 policemen in country's north: Afghan
- Saudi to admit Khashoggi died in interrogation: US media