4 arrested over Chattogram stampede
Published : 16 May 2018, 12:04
Police on Tuesday arrested four people over Monday’s stampede that killed 11 people while collecting iftar items distributed by the Kabir Steel and Re-Rolling Mills (KSRM) management in Satkania upazila.
The arrestees were identified as M Idris, 26, son of Zakir Hossain of Purbo Gatiadanga, Muridul Alam alias Murad, 27, son of Siddiqur Ahmed of Makkar Bari, Habib Ahmed Sahed, 32, son of Solaiman of Amilaish, and Ajgar Ali, 28, son of M Idrish of Hangarmukh in the upazila.
Police arrested them from around the house of KSRM owner Mohammad Shahjahan in the evening, said officer-in-charge of Satkania Police Station Rafiqul Hossain.
Earlier in the morning, a case was filed in connection with the stampede.
Mohammad Islam, husband of victim Hasina Akhter of Khagria union, filed the case with Satkania Police Station accusing Mohammad Shahjahan as and several other people.
At least 11 people were killed and 50 others injured as they scrambled to collect iftar items distributed by the KSRM management at its owner’s native village under Nolua union on Monday.
- Most viewed
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- Pakistan bat against India in Asia Cup
- Bangladesh win toss and elected to bat against Afghanistan
- Iran's president blames US after attack on military parade
- 16 killed in anti-terrorism operation in Pakistan
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- World leaders at UN look for progress on N.Korea, brace for Trump