Turkish PM Yıldırım invites PM Hasina to attend OIC summit
Published : 16 May 2018, 12:23
Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yıldırım on Tuesday invited his Bangladesh counterpart Sheikh Hasina to attend a special summit of Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) on May 18.
The OIC convened the summit to discuss the issues on Palestine.
PM’s press wing said the Turkish premier made a phone call to Sheikh Hasina at 7:30pm.
During telephonic conversation, Binali Yıldırım invited Sheikh Hasina to attend the special OIC summit scheduled to be held on May 18.
The press wing said the two prime ministers held telephonic conversation for about 15 minutes.
Lauding the initiative, Sheikh Hasina termed it a time-befitting move and urged the Muslim Ummah to remain united.
The Bangladesh premier condemned the Israeli atrocities against Palestinians, saying that it was a breach of human rights.
Expressing resentment over shifting the US’s embassy to Jerusalem, she reiterated her support for independent Palestine state.
- Most viewed
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- Pakistan bat against India in Asia Cup
- Bangladesh win toss and elected to bat against Afghanistan
- Iran's president blames US after attack on military parade
- 16 killed in anti-terrorism operation in Pakistan
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- World leaders at UN look for progress on N.Korea, brace for Trump