Ramadan from tomorrow, if moon sighted
Published : 16 May 2018, 15:36
The National Moon Sighting Committee will sit in a meeting on Wednesday to decide the start of holy Ramadan, the lunar month of self-purification through fasting and abstinence.
The meeting will be held at the conference room of Islamic Foundation's Baitul Mukarram office in the capital at 7:00pm, said a PID handout on Tuesday.
Religious affairs minister and moon sighting committee chairman Matior Rahman will preside over the meeting.
People have been requested to inform the committee over the following telephone numbers - 9559493, 9559643, 9555947, 9556407 and 9558337 - or fax numbers - 9563397 and 9555951 if they see the moon in Bangladesh sky.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- Pakistan bat against India in Asia Cup
- Bangladesh win toss and elected to bat against Afghanistan
- Iran's president blames US after attack on military parade
- 16 killed in anti-terrorism operation in Pakistan
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- World leaders at UN look for progress on N.Korea, brace for Trump