Rape accused killed in Feni ‘gunfight’
Published : 16 May 2018, 16:47
A man accused in rape cases was killed in a reported gunfight between his cohorts and police at Khushipur bridge in Dagonbhuiya upazila early Wednesday.
The deceased was identified as Musa Alam Masud, son of Shah Alam of Khushipur village and a fugitive accused of raping a physically challenged girl in Khushipur in 2016.
Masud was also wanted in another case filed for violating a woman on May 6, this year, said Abul Kalam Azad, officer-in-charge of Dagonbhuiya Police Station.
On Tuesday night, police arrested Masud from Nangalkot area of Cumilla, said the OC.
Later, a police team along with Masud conducted a drive in the area to arrest his associate Chottu around 3 am.
Sensing presence of the law enforcers, Masud’s associates opened fire on law enforcers prompting them to retaliate, triggering a gunfight.
At one stage, Masud caught in the line of fire and sustained bullet injuries while the others managed to flee the scene, police said.
Masud was taken to Dagonbhuiya Health Complex where the doctors declared him dead.
Police recovered one pistol and three bullets from the spot.
Masud was wanted in six cases including two rape cases, said OC.
- Most viewed
- Doob to represent Bangladesh in 91st Oscar
- Prime Minister leaves London for New York
- Pakistan bat against India in Asia Cup
- Bangladesh win toss and elected to bat against Afghanistan
- Iran's president blames US after attack on military parade
- 16 killed in anti-terrorism operation in Pakistan
- Rock your locks with stylish chic buns
- Tempting sev puri to satisfy your craving
- James Bond to be back in 2020
- World leaders at UN look for progress on N.Korea, brace for Trump