Dead whale washes ashore in Kuakata
Published : 19 May 2018, 15:02
A dead whale was washed ashore along Kuakata beach in Patuakhali this morning.
Local fishermen found the body of the giant mammal, around 45 feet long and 10 feet wide, near the Kuakata eco-park area of the beach early in the morning.
Local people and tourists were gathering at the spot to see the dead whale.
Although a tourist, at the spot, claimed that the dead marine mammal is a Baleen whale, its type was not officially confermed immediately.
The beach management committee will take necessary steps regarding the dead whale, said Md Kamrul Islam, Kalapara upazila fisheries officer.
Md Tanveer Rahman, UNO (upazila nirbahi officer) of Kalapara upazila and also president of Kuakata beach management committee, said that they are looking for a way to preserve the body of the marine animal as people are showing a great interest about it.
- Most viewed
- 2 more suspects killed in Mymensingh ‘gunfight’
- 22 June Births
- 22 June Deaths
- 22 June Events
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Fan moments at FIFA World Cup Russia 2018
- Brazil to provide support for development of football in Bangladesh
- 29000 academic bodies work to mobilise anti-narcotics public opinion
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- SC Order on Khaleda's bail in 2 cases July 5