57 Sundarbans forest robbers surrender
Published : 23 May 2018, 18:05
Fifty seven members of six forest robber gangs surrendered to Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal along with their arms and ammunition at Labonchora in the district town on Wednesday.
While surrendering at the Rab-6 office, the members of Dada Bhai Bahini, Hannan bahini, Amir Ali Bahini, Surjo Bahini and Munna deposited their 58 arms and 1284 rounds of bullets at noon, said Khulna RAB-6 Commanding Officer Khandaker Rafiqul Islam.
Earlier, the surrendered forest robbers were provided with a check of Tk1 lakh each by the minister.
Fisheries and Livestock Minister Narayan Chandra Chanda were present as the special guest at the programme.
A total 217 forest robbers of 20 gangs surrendered to the Home Minister in the last 23 months.
- Most viewed
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Fan moments at FIFA World Cup Russia 2018
- Brazil to provide support for development of football in Bangladesh
- 29000 academic bodies work to mobilise anti-narcotics public opinion
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- SC Order on Khaleda's bail in 2 cases July 5
- Tk 1,400cr additional fund okayed for Padma Bridge
- ‘Get knocked up by FIFA players, win $$$ and Whoppers’: Burger King shamed for offensive ad
- 'Ronaldo is like a good port wine, he knows how to age best'
- Argentina faces Croatia tonight
- Suarez sends Uruguay into last 16
- Ronaldo header sees off Morocco
- Costa nets lucky goal as Spain beat Iran
- Zico to visit Bangladesh soon: Brazilian ambassador
- Pressure on Messi against Croatia after Ronaldo scores again
- Neymar hopes for a ‘better’ game against Costa Rica
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- UK's May defeats Brexit rebels, but divisions still reign
- Body of ‘drug trader’ found in Chuadanga
- Mother ‘commits suicide’ after killing son in Panchagarh