KCC re-election: Voting underway at 3 centres
Published : 30 May 2018, 12:04
Voting in three centres of Khulna City Corporation (KCC) election, in which voting was postponed for various irregularities, is underway peacefully on Wednesday.
The balloting started at 8 am and will run until 4 pm at Iqbal Nagar Secondary School under ward-24, Labanchara Government Primary School under ward-31 and Ward-31 Councillor Office.
The Election Commission has taken strict security measures to hold the voting in a free, fair and peaceful manner.
It has assigned new presiding officers and assistant presiding officers for the three polling centres.
Returning officer Md Yunus Ali said four mobile teams of Rapid Action Battalion (Rab), one platoon of Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB), three magistrates, 22 policemen, 17 Ansar members and a separate mobile team of police have been deployed at each centre.
Earlier on May 15, the voting in the three centres was postponed for snatching of ballot papers and forced stuffing.
- Most viewed
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Fan moments at FIFA World Cup Russia 2018
- Brazil to provide support for development of football in Bangladesh
- 29000 academic bodies work to mobilise anti-narcotics public opinion
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- SC Order on Khaleda's bail in 2 cases July 5
- Tk 1,400cr additional fund okayed for Padma Bridge
- ‘Get knocked up by FIFA players, win $$$ and Whoppers’: Burger King shamed for offensive ad
- 'Ronaldo is like a good port wine, he knows how to age best'
- Argentina faces Croatia tonight
- Suarez sends Uruguay into last 16
- Ronaldo header sees off Morocco
- Costa nets lucky goal as Spain beat Iran
- Zico to visit Bangladesh soon: Brazilian ambassador
- Pressure on Messi against Croatia after Ronaldo scores again
- Neymar hopes for a ‘better’ game against Costa Rica
- UK's May defeats Brexit rebels, but divisions still reign
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- Body of ‘drug trader’ found in Chuadanga
- Mother ‘commits suicide’ after killing son in Panchagarh