Habibun Nahar elected MP of Bagerhat-3 uncontested
Published : 04 Jun 2018, 14:38
Awami League candidate Habibun Nahar has been elected MP uncontested from Bagerhat-3 constituency as there was no other contender for the by-election to the constituency.
Returning officer Md Nuruzzaman Talukder declared her MP on Monday morning.
She submitted her nomination paper on May 24, the last of day of submitting nomination paper, as the lone candidate.
Film actor Shakil Ahsan who collected the other nomination paper did not submit it finally.
Earlier on May 21, Awami League picked Habibun Nahar as its candidate for contesting the Bagerhat-3 by-polls slated for June 26 next.
On April 10 last, the parliamentary seat fell vacant following the resignation of Awami League MP Talukdar Abdul Khalek who has recently been elected mayor of Khulna City Corporation.
The Election Commission on May 16 announced the schedule for the by-election to Bagerhat-3 constituency fixing June 26 for the voting.
- Most viewed
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Fan moments at FIFA World Cup Russia 2018
- Brazil to provide support for development of football in Bangladesh
- 29000 academic bodies work to mobilise anti-narcotics public opinion
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- SC Order on Khaleda's bail in 2 cases July 5
- Tk 1,400cr additional fund okayed for Padma Bridge
- ‘Get knocked up by FIFA players, win $$$ and Whoppers’: Burger King shamed for offensive ad
- 'Ronaldo is like a good port wine, he knows how to age best'
- Argentina faces Croatia tonight
- Suarez sends Uruguay into last 16
- Ronaldo header sees off Morocco
- Costa nets lucky goal as Spain beat Iran
- Zico to visit Bangladesh soon: Brazilian ambassador
- Pressure on Messi against Croatia after Ronaldo scores again
- Neymar hopes for a ‘better’ game against Costa Rica
- UK's May defeats Brexit rebels, but divisions still reign
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- Body of ‘drug trader’ found in Chuadanga
- Mother ‘commits suicide’ after killing son in Panchagarh