Narail court denies Khaleda Zia’s bail plea
Published : 05 Jun 2018, 14:35
A court here on Tuesday denied bail to BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia in a case filed over her ‘derogatory remarks’ against freedom fighters.
Judge Sheikh Abdul Ahad of District and Sessions Judge Court passed the order after hearing the bail petition.
Earlier on May 30, Judge Sheikh Abdul Ahad set the date (today) following the petition filed by BNP's international affairs secretary Adv Masud Ahmed Talukder.
On December 21, 2015, Khaleda Zia at a discussion at the Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh raised questions about the actual number of Liberation War martyrs saying, "There're controversies over how many were martyred in the Liberation War. There're also many books and documents on the controversies.
Reacting over the Khaleda’s remark, Raihan Farooque Imam of Naragati filed a case with the Cognisance Court on December 24, 2015.
- Most viewed
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Fan moments at FIFA World Cup Russia 2018
- Brazil to provide support for development of football in Bangladesh
- 29000 academic bodies work to mobilise anti-narcotics public opinion
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- SC Order on Khaleda's bail in 2 cases July 5
- Tk 1,400cr additional fund okayed for Padma Bridge
- ‘Get knocked up by FIFA players, win $$$ and Whoppers’: Burger King shamed for offensive ad
- 'Ronaldo is like a good port wine, he knows how to age best'
- Argentina faces Croatia tonight
- Suarez sends Uruguay into last 16
- Ronaldo header sees off Morocco
- Costa nets lucky goal as Spain beat Iran
- Zico to visit Bangladesh soon: Brazilian ambassador
- Pressure on Messi against Croatia after Ronaldo scores again
- Neymar hopes for a ‘better’ game against Costa Rica
- UK's May defeats Brexit rebels, but divisions still reign
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- Body of ‘drug trader’ found in Chuadanga
- Mother ‘commits suicide’ after killing son in Panchagarh