A Discussion meeting on National Library Day held
Published : 06 Jun 2018, 13:05
Bangladesh Association of Librarians, Information Scientists and Documentalist (BALID) organized a discussion meeting on National Library Day on Saturday 02 June 2018 at VIP Auditorium (Seminar Room), Central Public Library, Shahbagh, Dhaka.
Honorable Chief Whip Mr. ASM Feroz, MP, was present as the Chief Guest while Begum Akhter Jahan, MP and Member of the Parliamentary Standing Committee, Ministry of Finance attended as the Special guest, Dr. Mustafizur Rahman, Chairman, Department of Library Management and Information Science, Royal University presented a keynote paper.
Chief Guest emphasized on ‘’ development of library a School level, and he ensured that he would like to discuss with finance minister for special allocation for library of the forthcoming budget.
He also urged that School Librarians are the teachers as long as they taking classes, and he surprised to know the Dhaka Board Gazette regarding school librarian. Dr. Mustafizur Rahman presented a keynote and he also highlighted the significance of National Library day its worldwide history.
Professor Dr.SM Zabed Ahmed, Librarian (Acting), University of Dhaka also spoke on the occasion and appreciated the overall arrangement. Bangladesh Association of Librarians, Information Scientists and Documentalist (BALID) Chairman Dr. Mirza Mohammad Rezaul Islam chaired the event and Mohammad Humayun Kabir, Secretary General of (BALID)given a welcome speech.
Mst Razina Akhter, Vice chairman, BALID anchored the event. Around 120 library professionals were attended the event and played a pivotal role to make it successful. The event was ended followed by iftar.
- Most viewed
- Keto or vegan? Hear it from the nutritionist
- Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra: 5 times actress turned heads
- Wonder benefits of coconut oil
- Three people killed in Thailand helicopter crash
- Robert Miller likely new US envoy to Bangladesh
- Google faces record 4.3-bn-euro EU fine over Android
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- FAO recognizes Bangladesh as 3rd top fish producing country
- Govt. took all steps for conservation of Sundarbans: PM
- Sonam Kapoor's Truly 'The Good Wife'