Two held with 19 gold bars in Chuadanga
Published : 07 Jun 2018, 14:57
Customs Intelligence officials arrested two people along with 19 gold bars weighing 2.25 kg from Darshana Joynagar Checkpost in Damurhuda upazila on Thursday.
The arrestees were identified as Nurul Islam, 46, son of Mahiuddin of Keraniganj in Dhaka and Masud Rana, 40, son of Nurul Islam Bapari of Louhajang upazila of Munshiganj district.
Tipped off, a team of intelligence officials recovered the gold bars hidden inside a bag of the arrestees while they were heading towards India by a bus around 11 am, said Saifur Rahman, deputy director of Customs Intelligence in Benapole.
The market price of the seized gold bars is Tk 1.10 crore, he added.
- Most viewed
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Fan moments at FIFA World Cup Russia 2018
- Brazil to provide support for development of football in Bangladesh
- 29000 academic bodies work to mobilise anti-narcotics public opinion
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- SC Order on Khaleda's bail in 2 cases July 5
- Tk 1,400cr additional fund okayed for Padma Bridge
- ‘Get knocked up by FIFA players, win $$$ and Whoppers’: Burger King shamed for offensive ad
- 'Ronaldo is like a good port wine, he knows how to age best'
- Argentina faces Croatia tonight
- Suarez sends Uruguay into last 16
- Ronaldo header sees off Morocco
- Costa nets lucky goal as Spain beat Iran
- Zico to visit Bangladesh soon: Brazilian ambassador
- Pressure on Messi against Croatia after Ronaldo scores again
- Neymar hopes for a ‘better’ game against Costa Rica
- UK's May defeats Brexit rebels, but divisions still reign
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- Body of ‘drug trader’ found in Chuadanga
- Mother ‘commits suicide’ after killing son in Panchagarh