Man held with 60 gold bars
Published : 08 Jun 2018, 16:30
A joint team of customs intelligence and armed police battalion (APBN) arrested a man along with 60 gold bars weighing around 10kg from Sylhet Osmani International Airport on Friday morning.
The arrestee is Iqbal Hossain, 26, son of Sheikh Ahmed, a resident Madhyam Kanchan area in Sajkani village in Chattogram.
Joynal Abedin, additional superintendent of APBN Sylhet-7, said that a flight of Biman Bangladesh Airlines BG-222 from Mascot in Oman landed here around 10:05 am.
On suspicion, the team searched the luggage of Iqbal, a passenger of the flight, and recovered the gold bars worth Tk 3.86 crore.
- Most viewed
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Fan moments at FIFA World Cup Russia 2018
- Brazil to provide support for development of football in Bangladesh
- 29000 academic bodies work to mobilise anti-narcotics public opinion
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- SC Order on Khaleda's bail in 2 cases July 5
- Tk 1,400cr additional fund okayed for Padma Bridge
- ‘Get knocked up by FIFA players, win $$$ and Whoppers’: Burger King shamed for offensive ad
- 'Ronaldo is like a good port wine, he knows how to age best'
- Argentina faces Croatia tonight
- Suarez sends Uruguay into last 16
- Ronaldo header sees off Morocco
- Costa nets lucky goal as Spain beat Iran
- Zico to visit Bangladesh soon: Brazilian ambassador
- Pressure on Messi against Croatia after Ronaldo scores again
- Neymar hopes for a ‘better’ game against Costa Rica
- UK's May defeats Brexit rebels, but divisions still reign
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- Body of ‘drug trader’ found in Chuadanga
- Mother ‘commits suicide’ after killing son in Panchagarh