Court grants bail to singer Asif Akbar
Published : 11 Jun 2018, 13:12
A court here on Monday granted bail to singer Asif Akbar in a case filed by lyricist and composer Shafiq Tuhin on charges of music piracy and threatening him on the Facebook.
Additional chief metropolitan magistrate Kesab Roy Chowdhury passed the order after hearing on a bail prayer filed by Asif’s lawyer Nusrat Jahan.
On June 6, the court sent the singer to jail rejecting both his remand and bail petitions in the case.
Earlier, CID members arrested Asif from his studio at Morning Post Tower in Panthapath area on June 6.
According to the case statement, Asif sold the digital copies of several songs without taking permission from the singers and also threatened Tuhin on social media Facebook.
On June 6, Tuhin filed the case with Tejgaon Police Station.
- Most viewed
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Fan moments at FIFA World Cup Russia 2018
- Brazil to provide support for development of football in Bangladesh
- 29000 academic bodies work to mobilise anti-narcotics public opinion
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- SC Order on Khaleda's bail in 2 cases July 5
- Tk 1,400cr additional fund okayed for Padma Bridge
- ‘Get knocked up by FIFA players, win $$$ and Whoppers’: Burger King shamed for offensive ad
- 'Ronaldo is like a good port wine, he knows how to age best'
- Argentina faces Croatia tonight
- Suarez sends Uruguay into last 16
- Ronaldo header sees off Morocco
- Costa nets lucky goal as Spain beat Iran
- Zico to visit Bangladesh soon: Brazilian ambassador
- Pressure on Messi against Croatia after Ronaldo scores again
- Neymar hopes for a ‘better’ game against Costa Rica
- UK's May defeats Brexit rebels, but divisions still reign
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- Body of ‘drug trader’ found in Chuadanga
- Mother ‘commits suicide’ after killing son in Panchagarh