4 to die for killing minor girl after rape in Narayanganj
Published : 11 Jun 2018, 16:21
A tribunal here on Monday convicted four people and sentenced them to death for killing a minor girl after rape in 2003.
The convicts are Sujon, Alamin, Abul Kalam and Shahdat. All of them were tried in absentia.
According to the prosecution, the convicts took the ten-year-old girl of Alirtek area in Sadar upazila to a mustard filed and violated the girl in turns on January 13, 2003.
Later, they killed the girl and left the body there.
On the following day, local people spotted the body and informed the matter to police who sent the body to Sadar Hospital morgue.
A case was filed with Fatullah Police station against the four people.
Later, police submitted a chargesheet against the four convicts.
After examining the records and five witnesses, Women and Children Repression Prevention Tribunal Judge Jewel Rana handed down the verdict.
- Most viewed
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Fan moments at FIFA World Cup Russia 2018
- Brazil to provide support for development of football in Bangladesh
- 29000 academic bodies work to mobilise anti-narcotics public opinion
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- SC Order on Khaleda's bail in 2 cases July 5
- Tk 1,400cr additional fund okayed for Padma Bridge
- ‘Get knocked up by FIFA players, win $$$ and Whoppers’: Burger King shamed for offensive ad
- 'Ronaldo is like a good port wine, he knows how to age best'
- Argentina faces Croatia tonight
- Suarez sends Uruguay into last 16
- Ronaldo header sees off Morocco
- Costa nets lucky goal as Spain beat Iran
- Zico to visit Bangladesh soon: Brazilian ambassador
- Pressure on Messi against Croatia after Ronaldo scores again
- Neymar hopes for a ‘better’ game against Costa Rica
- UK's May defeats Brexit rebels, but divisions still reign
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- Body of ‘drug trader’ found in Chuadanga
- Mother ‘commits suicide’ after killing son in Panchagarh