2 missing in Khagrachhari boat capsize
Published : 13 Jun 2018, 10:40
Two people went missing as an engine-run boat capsized in the Maini River at Hasinsonpur in Dighinala upazila on Tuesday afternoon.
The victims are Anupam Chakma, 35, and Chhiga Chakma, 34.
Officer-in-charge of Dighinala Police Station Samsuddin Bhuiyan said the boat carrying several individuals, including upazila parishad vice-chairman Susamay Chakma, sank in the river around 4pm due to strong current while they were going to rescue several families who got stranded due to flood caused by hilly onrush.
All but the duo managed to swim ashore, he said.
- Most viewed
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Fan moments at FIFA World Cup Russia 2018
- Brazil to provide support for development of football in Bangladesh
- 29000 academic bodies work to mobilise anti-narcotics public opinion
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- SC Order on Khaleda's bail in 2 cases July 5
- Tk 1,400cr additional fund okayed for Padma Bridge
- ‘Get knocked up by FIFA players, win $$$ and Whoppers’: Burger King shamed for offensive ad
- 'Ronaldo is like a good port wine, he knows how to age best'
- Argentina faces Croatia tonight
- Suarez sends Uruguay into last 16
- Ronaldo header sees off Morocco
- Costa nets lucky goal as Spain beat Iran
- Zico to visit Bangladesh soon: Brazilian ambassador
- Pressure on Messi against Croatia after Ronaldo scores again
- Neymar hopes for a ‘better’ game against Costa Rica
- UK's May defeats Brexit rebels, but divisions still reign
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- Body of ‘drug trader’ found in Chuadanga
- Mother ‘commits suicide’ after killing son in Panchagarh