1 lakh people leave Dhaka on rail route today
Published : 13 Jun 2018, 13:08
Around 70,000 people leave Dhaka every day on rail routes to celebrate the Eid festival with their near and dear ones in village home. However, on Wednesday around one lakh people left the capital.
In Kamalapur Railway Station, many trains carrying the city dwellers left the city as of early today. Thousands of people gathered at each platform of the station before 06:00 am.
Bangladesh Railway Station Manager Sitangshu Chakraborty said a total of 66 trains were left from Kamalapur every day while five more were added since today. From today till last night before Eid, daily one lakh people would leave Dhaka on a train.
He said that 32 intercity trains, five Eid Specials, 34 mails and local trains would leave Dhaka for different places in the country on Wednesday.
Rapid Action Battalion (RAB), police, detective agency and Ansar members are deployed to ensure the safety of the passengers.
Rover scouts, railway police opened the information centre, so that passengers are not victims of any kind of incidents. From there you can learn all the details.
- Most viewed
- 2 more suspects killed in Mymensingh ‘gunfight’
- 22 June Births
- 22 June Deaths
- 22 June Events
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Fan moments at FIFA World Cup Russia 2018
- Brazil to provide support for development of football in Bangladesh
- 29000 academic bodies work to mobilise anti-narcotics public opinion
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- SC Order on Khaleda's bail in 2 cases July 5