Another suspect drug peddler killed in Chandpur gunfight
Published : 14 Jun 2018, 11:00
A suspected drug peddler was killed in a reported gunfight between his cohorts and police at Syedpur village in Hajiganj upazila early Thursday.
The deceased was identified as Jakir, 40, son of Abdul latif of Swarna village in the upazila. He was wanted in several cases including eight drug related cases.
Tipped off, a team of police conducted a drive in the area around 2:30 am, said Javedul Islam, officer-in-charge of Hajiganj Police station.
He was also committed robberies several times, he added.
Sensing the presence of the law enforcers, the robbers opened fire to police that prompted police to take action in self-denfence.
A gun-battle was took place in the area leaving Jakir injured with bullets, police said.
Later, he was taken to the upazila health complex where the doctors declared him dead.
Four policemen were injured during the gun battle. Police recovered one pipe-gun, four bullets, four knives and two sharp weapons from the spot.
- Most viewed
- ‘The sheep, not the GOAT’ – Messi & Argentina trolled after World Cup shock
- Modric and co. maul Messi's misfiring Argentina in shock World Cup rout
- 2 more suspects killed in Mymensingh ‘gunfight’
- 22 June Births
- 22 June Deaths
- 22 June Events
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Fan moments at FIFA World Cup Russia 2018
- Brazil to provide support for development of football in Bangladesh
- 29000 academic bodies work to mobilise anti-narcotics public opinion