Moon sighting committee meets Friday
Published : 14 Jun 2018, 11:55
A meeting of the National Moon Sighting Committee (NMSC) will be held on Friday to review the news of moon sighting of the holy month of Shawal and fix the date of Eid-ul-Fitr of 1,439 Hijri.
The meeting will be held at the meeting room of Islamic Foundation (IF) at Baitul Mukarram National Mosque at 7:15pm with religious affairs minister and NMSC president Principal Matiur Rahman in the chair, said an IF press release.
If anyone can see the new moon of the holy month of Shawal anywhere in the sky of Bangladesh, he or she is requested to inform the committee dialling the telephone numbers - 9559493, 9559643, 9555947, 9558337 and 9556407 or through the fax numbers - 9563397 and 9555951 or using anyway of communication.
- Most viewed
- ‘The sheep, not the GOAT’ – Messi & Argentina trolled after World Cup shock
- Modric and co. maul Messi's misfiring Argentina in shock World Cup rout
- 2 more suspects killed in Mymensingh ‘gunfight’
- 22 June Births
- 22 June Deaths
- 22 June Events
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Fan moments at FIFA World Cup Russia 2018
- Brazil to provide support for development of football in Bangladesh
- 29000 academic bodies work to mobilise anti-narcotics public opinion