Five killed in Rangpur, Gaibandha road crashes
Published : 14 Jun 2018, 12:18
Five people were killed in separate road accidents in Rangpur and Gaibandha districts on Thursday.
In Rangpur, three motorcyclists were killed when a motorbike plunged into a roadside ditch at Rail Gate in Kaunia upazila in the morning.
The deceased were identified as Abdus Sattar Shaku, 55, Abul Kalam, 25, and Soleman, 28.
The accident took place around 8:30 am when a motorbike carrying three people plunged into the ditch while overtaking a Kurigram-bound bus, leaving two dead on the spot and injured one, said Abdul Aziz, officer-in-charge of Kaunia Police Station.
The injured was taken to local hospital where the duty doctors declared him dead.
In Gaibandha, two people were killed while seven others injured in head-on collision between two buses on Dhaka-Rangpur highway in Gobindaganj upazila in the morning.
One of the deceased was identified as Mehdi Hasan while the identity of the other one could not be known immediately.
Akteruzzaman, officer-in-charge of Gobindaganj Highway Police, said a Dhaka-bound bus of ‘Mayer Achol’ collided head-on with a bus of ‘Khalek Enterprise’ coming from opposite direction, leaving two people dead on the spot and seven others injured.
The injured were taken to Gobindaganj Health Complex, he added.
- Most viewed
- ‘The sheep, not the GOAT’ – Messi & Argentina trolled after World Cup shock
- Modric and co. maul Messi's misfiring Argentina in shock World Cup rout
- 2 more suspects killed in Mymensingh ‘gunfight’
- 22 June Births
- 22 June Deaths
- 22 June Events
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Fan moments at FIFA World Cup Russia 2018
- Brazil to provide support for development of football in Bangladesh
- 29000 academic bodies work to mobilise anti-narcotics public opinion