Brazil to provide support for development of football in Bangladesh
Published : 21 Jun 2018, 18:02
Brazilian Ambassador to Bangladesh Joao Tabajara de Oliveira Junior assured that his country will provide all sorts of support for the development of football in Bangladesh, especially in the grassroots level.
He came up with the assurance on Thursday when he called on State Minister for Youth and Sports Dr Biren Sikder at his office at the Secretariat, according to an official release.
He also expressed interest in establishing Bangladesh Football Academy, bringing in renowned Brazilian coaches and discussed other issues.
Sports secretary Md Ashadul Islam, additional secretary ABM Ruhul Azad and joint secretary Md Omar Faruque were also present.
A team of Brazilian journalists, intending to capture the World Cup frenzy in the country, also met with the State Minister.
- Most viewed
- Keto or vegan? Hear it from the nutritionist
- Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra: 5 times actress turned heads
- Wonder benefits of coconut oil
- Three people killed in Thailand helicopter crash
- Robert Miller likely new US envoy to Bangladesh
- Google faces record 4.3-bn-euro EU fine over Android
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- FAO recognizes Bangladesh as 3rd top fish producing country
- Govt. took all steps for conservation of Sundarbans: PM
- Sonam Kapoor's Truly 'The Good Wife'