Arrest warrant issued against Khaleda, Goyeshwar
Published : 12 Jul 2018, 10:59
A Dhaka court on Wednesday issued arrest warrant against Bangaldesh Nationalist Party (BNP) chairperson Khaleda Zia and her party’s standing committee member Goyeshwar Chandra Roy for making derogatory remarks about the number of martyrs in war of liberation and martyred intellectuals.
Dhaka metropolitan magistrate Abu Sayeed issued the warrant allowing a plea of plaintiff AB Siddiqui. The court also set 7 August for submitting report on execution of the order.
According to the case documents, Khaleda at a rally of Jatiyatabadi Muktijoddha Dal on 21 December 2015, had made the objectionable remarks.
Her party colleague Roy too made similar remarks at another rally on 25 December 2015.
Jananetri Parishad president AB Siddiqui filed the case against the duo on 5 January 2016.
- Most viewed
- Keto or vegan? Hear it from the nutritionist
- Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra: 5 times actress turned heads
- Wonder benefits of coconut oil
- Three people killed in Thailand helicopter crash
- Robert Miller likely new US envoy to Bangladesh
- Google faces record 4.3-bn-euro EU fine over Android
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- FAO recognizes Bangladesh as 3rd top fish producing country
- Govt. took all steps for conservation of Sundarbans: PM
- Sonam Kapoor's Truly 'The Good Wife'