Robber killed in Jhenaidah ‘gunfight’
Published : 12 Jul 2018, 11:51
A suspected robber was killed in a reported gunfight with police in Purundapur village of Maheshpur upazila early Thursday.
The deceased was identified as Nurul Islam alias Nur Dakat, 48, of the village. Nur was wanted in several cases.
Being tipped-off that a gang of robbers were taking preparation to commit robbery in the area, a team of police conducted a drive there around 1:45 am, said Md Salauddin, additional superintendent of Kotchandpur (circle) police.
Sensing the presence of the law enforcers, the robbers opened fire to law enforcers prompting them to fire back in self-defence.
At one stage, Nur caught in the line of fire and died on the spot.
Police also recovered two bombs, one bullet and a sharp weapon from the spot.
- Most viewed
- Bangladesh face Afghanistan in crucial super four match tomorrow
- Bangabandhu Gold Cup Trophy ceremonially unveiled Saturday
- Libya urges 'effective' UN action to end Tripoli violence
- EVM to be used in election if legalised: CEC
- WB Vice President due Sunday to discuss Rohingya issue
- Iran FM blames 'foreign regime' backed by US for parade attack
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- Kenya lifts ban on lesbian film
- 24 killed as gunmen attack military parade in Iran (VIDEO)
- Bangladesh jute, handicrafts sector to get more Dutch assistance