Robber killed in Jhenaidah ‘gunfight’
Published : 12 Jul 2018, 11:51
A suspected robber was killed in a reported gunfight with police in Purundapur village of Maheshpur upazila early Thursday.
The deceased was identified as Nurul Islam alias Nur Dakat, 48, of the village. Nur was wanted in several cases.
Being tipped-off that a gang of robbers were taking preparation to commit robbery in the area, a team of police conducted a drive there around 1:45 am, said Md Salauddin, additional superintendent of Kotchandpur (circle) police.
Sensing the presence of the law enforcers, the robbers opened fire to law enforcers prompting them to fire back in self-defence.
At one stage, Nur caught in the line of fire and died on the spot.
Police also recovered two bombs, one bullet and a sharp weapon from the spot.
- Most viewed
- Keto or vegan? Hear it from the nutritionist
- Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra: 5 times actress turned heads
- Wonder benefits of coconut oil
- Three people killed in Thailand helicopter crash
- Robert Miller likely new US envoy to Bangladesh
- Google faces record 4.3-bn-euro EU fine over Android
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- FAO recognizes Bangladesh as 3rd top fish producing country
- Govt. took all steps for conservation of Sundarbans: PM
- Sonam Kapoor's Truly 'The Good Wife'