Corrupt officers to be trapped: ACC boss
Published : 11 Jan 2017, 16:38
Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) chairman Iqbal Mahmud on Wednesday said corrupt officials will be trapped to unearth irregularities.
The anti-graft body chief was speaking at a press conference at the ACC headquarters in Segunbaghicha of Dhaka. The press conference was organised to make public the organisation’s report of 2016 and plans for 2017.
“Stop taking bribe, or wait for stern consequences,” Iqbal Mahmud warned corrupt officers.
He revealed that 13 traps were set in 2016 to nab corrupts red handed. The process of nabbing and suing corrupt officers will be intensified this year, he added.
Special vigilance will be maintained in the corruption-prone offices, Iqbal further said.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Want to end nasty politics, Khaleda tweets
- President for resolving CHT land dispute to explore dev potentials
- BSC to get new 6 ships by 2018
- Korean envoy for stronger cultural ties with Bangladesh
- Land Minister’s son, 10 others land in jail
- Indian climber missing on Everest, guide in bad condition
- Nothing to get scared of chikungunya: Sayeed Khokan
- After 10-year gap, Thai lotuses bloom again
- Unplanned Tourism Effects Biodiversity of Cox’s Bazar: Secretary of MoEF
- Heat wave may continue for some days