Corrupt officers to be trapped: ACC boss
Published : 11 Jan 2017, 16:38
Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) chairman Iqbal Mahmud on Wednesday said corrupt officials will be trapped to unearth irregularities.
The anti-graft body chief was speaking at a press conference at the ACC headquarters in Segunbaghicha of Dhaka. The press conference was organised to make public the organisation’s report of 2016 and plans for 2017.
“Stop taking bribe, or wait for stern consequences,” Iqbal Mahmud warned corrupt officers.
He revealed that 13 traps were set in 2016 to nab corrupts red handed. The process of nabbing and suing corrupt officers will be intensified this year, he added.
Special vigilance will be maintained in the corruption-prone offices, Iqbal further said.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- 'Bigger attacks were planned'
- 6 killed as truck turns turtle in Naogaon
- 19 August Deaths
- 19 August Births
- 19 August Events
- ‘Bangladesh will be a challenge’
- Dhaka condemns Barcelona van attack
- Australian cricket team due tonight
- Primary school teacher ‘gang raped’ in classroom
- Kalki Koechlin nude photo shoot is all about loving your nakedness