Corrupt officers to be trapped: ACC boss
Published : 11 Jan 2017, 16:38
Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) chairman Iqbal Mahmud on Wednesday said corrupt officials will be trapped to unearth irregularities.
The anti-graft body chief was speaking at a press conference at the ACC headquarters in Segunbaghicha of Dhaka. The press conference was organised to make public the organisation’s report of 2016 and plans for 2017.
“Stop taking bribe, or wait for stern consequences,” Iqbal Mahmud warned corrupt officers.
He revealed that 13 traps were set in 2016 to nab corrupts red handed. The process of nabbing and suing corrupt officers will be intensified this year, he added.
Special vigilance will be maintained in the corruption-prone offices, Iqbal further said.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Vegetable Kebobs Recipe
- Drinking coffee can reduce diabetes risk
- Combating stigma, unhygienic practices
- Alia wants long Bollywood journey
- Australian car-making ends with last GM plant closing
- One can register 20 SIMs against an NID card: Tarana Halim
- DU ‘Gha’ unit admission test question paper ‘leaked’!
- EU leaders brainstorm ways to speed up Brexit talks
- Rohingya Crisis: Unicef wants urgent action in 4 key areas
- Now Suu Kyi’s name removed from Oxford college common room