Corrupt officers to be trapped: ACC boss
Published : 11 Jan 2017, 16:38
Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) chairman Iqbal Mahmud on Wednesday said corrupt officials will be trapped to unearth irregularities.
The anti-graft body chief was speaking at a press conference at the ACC headquarters in Segunbaghicha of Dhaka. The press conference was organised to make public the organisation’s report of 2016 and plans for 2017.
“Stop taking bribe, or wait for stern consequences,” Iqbal Mahmud warned corrupt officers.
He revealed that 13 traps were set in 2016 to nab corrupts red handed. The process of nabbing and suing corrupt officers will be intensified this year, he added.
Special vigilance will be maintained in the corruption-prone offices, Iqbal further said.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- Quader claims normalcy on highways
- Asian water monitor released after rescue in Kushtia
- Eat right and stay in great shape
- Must-have food during rainy season
- Control migraine with yoga
- Sex can boost brain power in older adults
- "Trump Village" unveiled in India ahead of Modi US visit
- Farmer dies from electrocution in Magura
- WB increases funding to Chittagong WASA
- 24 June Deaths