Muhith for honesty, transparency in judicial activities
Published : 11 Jan 2017, 17:01
Finance Minister Abul Maal Abdul Muhith yesterday urged all involved judicial activities to discharge their respective duties with honesty, devotion and transparency.
"Those involved with judicial activities are doing a very important job for the country and the nation," he said speaking as the chief guest at a function to inaugurate a new building of Sylhet District Bar Association on the court premises.
The finance minister said Sylhet District Bar Association is a 100-year-old institution, accommodating many illustrious people. The new members of the bar would be working to uphold the dignity of their institution following their predecessors, hoe hoped.
Presided over by Sylhet District Bar Association President AKM Shamiul Alam, the function was addressed by Sylhet District and Sessions Judge Manir Ahmed Patwari, Sylhet Metropolis Sessions Judge Akbar Hossain Mridha, former Bangladesh Permanent Representative to UN Dr. AKM Abdul Mumen and Sylhet Public Works Additional Chief Engineer M Aminiul Islam.
Sylhet District Bar Association Joint Secretary M Jobayer Bakhat conducted the function.
The finance minister formally inaugurated the five-storey building of Sylhet District Bar Association by unveiling a plaque.
The public works department constructed the building at a cost of Taka 2.21 crore.
In the function, the finance minister also inaugurated nine more development projects in Sylhet. Those include an Liberation War memorial on the Circuit House premises, Shahi Eidgah Minar Complex, four roads of city corporation, a new building of cultural college, PDB-1 building and Lakkatura High School.
- Most viewed
- England’s Stokes sold for record $2.16m at IPL
- 17 receive Ekushey Padak
- Beware! Belly Fat Can Indicate Heart Risk
- Killers of lawmaker Liton identified: IGP
- Cabinet clears draft Animal Welfare Law
- Norwegian FM to pay homage to language martyrs
- Blogger Rajib killing: Condemned convict, another held in city
- JP to form alliance to participate in next polls: Ershad
- PM mourns death of district AL vice president Hadiuzzaman
- Banglees's successes cannot be wiped out: PM