Ecnec approves 16 projects involving Tk 15,969 cr
Published : 26 Dec 2017, 16:58
The Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (Ecnec) on Tuesday approved a total of 16 projects, including 15 new ones, involving an estimated cost of Tk 15,969.24 crore.
The approval came from the regular weekly meeting of Ecnec held at the NEC conference room here with Ecnec Chairperson and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair.
Briefing reporters after the meeting, Planning Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal said, "A total of 16 projects were approved today and Tk 15,969.24 crore will be required to implement those as per the initial estimate."
The three biggest schemes are Mymensingh Region Rural Infrastructure Development Project involving the initial cost of Tk 3,183.56 crore, Rangpur Division Rural Infrastructure Development Phase-II Project involving estimated cost of Tk 2,884.86 crore, and the Project of the Existing Polytechnic Institutions' Infrastructure Development for Creating Admission Scope for More Students, involving an initial expenditure of Tk 2,561.92 crore.
The Planning Minister said the Mymensingh Region Rural Infrastructure Development Project will be implemented to repair roads, including the flood-damaged ones, in six districts of Mymensingh region from October 2017 to June 2022.
He said the Rangpur Division Rural Infrastructure Development Phase-II Project will also be implemented at the same time in eight districts of Rangpur Division.
- Most viewed
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Fan moments at FIFA World Cup Russia 2018
- Brazil to provide support for development of football in Bangladesh
- 29000 academic bodies work to mobilise anti-narcotics public opinion
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- SC Order on Khaleda's bail in 2 cases July 5
- Tk 1,400cr additional fund okayed for Padma Bridge
- ‘Get knocked up by FIFA players, win $$$ and Whoppers’: Burger King shamed for offensive ad
- 'Ronaldo is like a good port wine, he knows how to age best'
- Argentina faces Croatia tonight
- Suarez sends Uruguay into last 16
- Costa nets lucky goal as Spain beat Iran
- Pressure on Messi against Croatia after Ronaldo scores again
- UK's May defeats Brexit rebels, but divisions still reign
- Zico to visit Bangladesh soon: Brazilian ambassador
- Ronaldo header sees off Morocco
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- Body of ‘drug trader’ found in Chuadanga
- Mother ‘commits suicide’ after killing son in Panchagarh
- Neymar hopes for a ‘better’ game against Costa Rica