20% of total budget for children by 2020: Muhith
Published : 07 Jun 2018, 15:31
Finance Minister AMA Muhith sets a goal to allocate 20 percent of total budget for children by 2020 as part of mainstreaming children development in the national planning and budgeting.
He said children who are employed in risky jobs are now getting skill development training and informal education for duration of 18 months and 6 months respectively.
Because of these programme interventions, 90,000 children went back to normal life. In the current year, 60,000 more children shall be brought under these programmes.
Furthermore, he said they have identified 38 jobs that are risky for children after discussion with employers, workers and civil society organisations.
The government introduced child budget from FY2015-16.
- Most viewed
- 2 more suspects killed in Mymensingh ‘gunfight’
- 22 June Births
- 22 June Deaths
- 22 June Events
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Fan moments at FIFA World Cup Russia 2018
- Brazil to provide support for development of football in Bangladesh
- 29000 academic bodies work to mobilise anti-narcotics public opinion
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- SC Order on Khaleda's bail in 2 cases July 5