Govt sets 7.8% GDP growth target
Published : 07 Jun 2018, 15:59
The government has set a target of 7.8 per cent GDP growth for the next fiscal year.
GDP growth rate will be 7.8 per cent in FY 2018-19 and inflation will come down to 5.6 per cent by the end of the fiscal year, Finance Minister AMA Muhith said in his Budget Speech 2018-19.
Meanwhile, the Global Economic Prospects, a flagship report of the World Bank Group in January this year, said activity in Bangladesh would grow at an average of 6.7 percent a year over fiscals 2018-2020, benefiting from strong domestic demand and strengthening exports.
In FY2018-19, the total revenue income has been estimated at Tk 3,39,280 crore which is 13.4 per cent of GDP.
- Most viewed
- 2 more suspects killed in Mymensingh ‘gunfight’
- 22 June Births
- 22 June Deaths
- 22 June Events
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Fan moments at FIFA World Cup Russia 2018
- Brazil to provide support for development of football in Bangladesh
- 29000 academic bodies work to mobilise anti-narcotics public opinion
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- SC Order on Khaleda's bail in 2 cases July 5