No VAT, tax on remittances: Shahriar
Published : 13 Jun 2018, 15:20
State Minister for Foreign Affairs M Shahriar Alam on Wednesday urged the Bangladeshis living abroad not to pay heed to any rumor saying no VAT or tax is imposed on remittance.
“There was no such discussion. Don’t pay heed to rumor,” he said amid rumors that the government has proposed tax on remittance.
Shahriar Alam said there is a planned effort to spread confusion among the expatriates over the issue.
“This may be an act of those who send money illegally (without banking channel). With them, anti-government people are there, too,” he said in a Facebook status.
The State Minister laid emphasis on disseminating correct information among the expatriates instead of creating confusion with the false news.
Earlier, a video went viral in which it was seen a Bangladeshi, who claimed to be from Malaysia, sharply criticized Finance Minister AMA Muhith for what he says imposing so-called tax and VAT on income of expatriates.
- Most viewed
- 2 more suspects killed in Mymensingh ‘gunfight’
- 22 June Births
- 22 June Deaths
- 22 June Events
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Fan moments at FIFA World Cup Russia 2018
- Brazil to provide support for development of football in Bangladesh
- 29000 academic bodies work to mobilise anti-narcotics public opinion
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- SC Order on Khaleda's bail in 2 cases July 5