Egyptian investors keen to invest in Bangladesh: Envoy
Published : 10 Jul 2018, 18:25
Egyptian Ambassador in Dhaka Walid Ahmed Shamseldin on Tuesday said Egyptian investors want to invest in Bangladesh, particularly in power sector.
The Ambassador paid a courtesy visit to Foreign Minister AH Mahmood Ali at the latter’s office and expressed his concern about Rohingya issue, said the foreign ministry here.
The Foreign Minister praised the remarkable progress of Egypt in the recent years.
During the talks, the Foreign Minister intimated the Ambassador of Egypt about the opportunities of bilateral cooperation between the two countries.
He also affirmed Bangladesh’s continuous effort to deepen ties with Egypt.
Ambassador expressed his desire to work hard in strengthening bilateral relations between the two countries particularly in the areas of economic development, trade and investment, agriculture and tourism cooperation. Both sides stressed on high level visits with a view to further strengthening the existing bilateral relations.
Foreign Minister appreciated the support and cooperation of Egypt on the Rohingya crisis.
Besides, they discussed regional and international issues of mutual interest and hoped to continue support each other in the UN and other international bodies.
The Foreign Minister assured the Egyptian Ambassador of all out support in discharging his duties in Bangladesh.
- Most viewed
- Keto or vegan? Hear it from the nutritionist
- Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra: 5 times actress turned heads
- Wonder benefits of coconut oil
- Three people killed in Thailand helicopter crash
- Robert Miller likely new US envoy to Bangladesh
- Google faces record 4.3-bn-euro EU fine over Android
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- FAO recognizes Bangladesh as 3rd top fish producing country
- Govt. took all steps for conservation of Sundarbans: PM
- Sonam Kapoor's Truly 'The Good Wife'