Govt to distribute 35.43 crore free textbooks
Published : 19 Dec 2017, 13:41
The government will distribute 35,42,90,162 textbooks free of cost among the primary and secondary level students in the academic year 2018.
This year, the government printed additional 10.70 lakh textbooks for the students of next academic year compared to last year and the textbooks will be distributed on the first day of the New Year free of cost.
Education Minister Nurul Islam Nahid came up with the information while talking to journalists after visiting Mataul Bright and Ananada Printing Press at Matuail in the capital on Monday.
He said, “We have printed an additional 10.70 lakh textbooks for the students of next academic year compared to last year meaning the number of students has increased.”
“Printing works of these textbooks have already been completed. We have reached 97 percent textbooks at the educational institutions and the remaining will be sent by this week,” said Nahid.
The minister said the free textbooks will be distributed among pre-primary, primary, secondary, ibtedayi, dakhil, vocational, SSC vocational, small anthropological group and visually challenged students across the country.
Over 40 crore schoolchildren across the country will be celebrating the Textbook Festival receiving books free of cost for their new classes on the first day of the new year joining the festivity at schools and madrasahs.
“This (festival) is the outcome of our sincere commitment to reach the books on the first day of the year,” Nahid said, adding that this has reduced the rate of school dropouts and increased the number of students at primary and secondary levels.
- Most viewed
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Fan moments at FIFA World Cup Russia 2018
- Brazil to provide support for development of football in Bangladesh
- 29000 academic bodies work to mobilise anti-narcotics public opinion
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- SC Order on Khaleda's bail in 2 cases July 5
- Tk 1,400cr additional fund okayed for Padma Bridge
- ‘Get knocked up by FIFA players, win $$$ and Whoppers’: Burger King shamed for offensive ad
- 'Ronaldo is like a good port wine, he knows how to age best'
- Argentina faces Croatia tonight
- Suarez sends Uruguay into last 16
- Costa nets lucky goal as Spain beat Iran
- Pressure on Messi against Croatia after Ronaldo scores again
- UK's May defeats Brexit rebels, but divisions still reign
- Zico to visit Bangladesh soon: Brazilian ambassador
- Ronaldo header sees off Morocco
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- Body of ‘drug trader’ found in Chuadanga
- Mother ‘commits suicide’ after killing son in Panchagarh
- Neymar hopes for a ‘better’ game against Costa Rica