Students to celebrate textbook festival
Published : 01 Jan 2018, 11:57
The National Textbook Festival will be celebrated at all primary and secondary level educational institutions on Monday across the country.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Saturday formally inaugurated the free textbook distribution programme for the academic year 2018.
The premier opened the free textbook distribution programme by handing over textbooks of primary and secondary levels to students at a function at her official Ganabhaban residence here.
Education Minister Nurul Islam Nahid will inaugurate the central programme of the ‘National Textbook Festival-2018’ at Azimpur Government Girls School and College in the capital at 10:30am on January 1.
Chairman of National Curriculum and Textbook Board (NCTB) Prof M Moshiuzzaman said that the government will distribute 35,42,90,162 textbooks free of cost among the primary and secondary level students in the academic year 2018.
‘The free textbooks will be distributed among 4,37,06,895 pre-primary, primary, secondary, ibtedayi, dakhil, dakhil vocational, SSC vocational, small anthropological group and visually challenged students across the country,’ he said.
The distribution programme will also be celebrated at every division, district and upazila level.
- Most viewed
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Fan moments at FIFA World Cup Russia 2018
- Brazil to provide support for development of football in Bangladesh
- 29000 academic bodies work to mobilise anti-narcotics public opinion
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- SC Order on Khaleda's bail in 2 cases July 5
- Tk 1,400cr additional fund okayed for Padma Bridge
- ‘Get knocked up by FIFA players, win $$$ and Whoppers’: Burger King shamed for offensive ad
- 'Ronaldo is like a good port wine, he knows how to age best'
- Argentina faces Croatia tonight
- Suarez sends Uruguay into last 16
- Costa nets lucky goal as Spain beat Iran
- Pressure on Messi against Croatia after Ronaldo scores again
- UK's May defeats Brexit rebels, but divisions still reign
- Zico to visit Bangladesh soon: Brazilian ambassador
- Ronaldo header sees off Morocco
- Keep it up, PM to women cricketers
- Body of ‘drug trader’ found in Chuadanga
- Mother ‘commits suicide’ after killing son in Panchagarh
- Neymar hopes for a ‘better’ game against Costa Rica