‘SSC examinees must enter centre half an hour before start’
Published : 04 Jan 2018, 13:50
The education ministry on Wednesday announced that the examinees of Secondary School Certificate (SSC) and equivalent exams will have to enter their respective centre at least half-an-hour before start.
Otherwise, the ministry said, the examinees will not be allowed to participate in the exam.
The ministry came up with the decision in a meeting presided over by secretary to the Secondary and Higher Education Division M Sohrab Hossain, reports UNB.
The meeting discussed ways and means to ensure that exams are held in a fair environment without any scope for unfair means, said a press release.
It also discussed other measures such as using secure envelopes with safety taps to transport question-papers to the exam halls, using pin codes, preparing multiple question papers, sending questions to exam halls online or on a USB device, and shutting down internet in and around the exam hall around the time of the exam.
Examinees will not be permitted to use any smartphone or any other phone for that matter, according to the decision.
Only the central secretary can use a general phone during the exam.
Instructing the concerned authority to take all necessary steps to hold exams without any unfair means, the secretary reiterated that the coming SSC and equivalent exams must be held in a completely fair manner, and that there will be no concession in this regard.
In the meeting, the ministry also decided to prepare a question bank as part of their long term strategy to preserve the integrity of examinations.
Additional secretary of the division Chowdhury Mufad Ahmed, Molla Jalal Uddin, Zabed Ahmed and Md Zainul Bari were also present in the meeting among others.
- Most viewed
- Amaranth Walnut Salad Recipe
- Keep vigil on crimes in jail: President
- Asaduzzaman Noor and Shykh Seraj named for Independence Award
- Teenager held for ‘raping’ Sunamganj minor girl
- Power generation sets new record; crosses 10,000 MW
- ‘Robber’ killed in gunfight with Rab at Gabtoli
- Woman found dead in Narsingdi
- 2 to die for killing man in Manikganj
- 2 years of Tonu murder: Protesters demand justice
- 5 Rohingya ‘robbers’ held in Cox’s Bazar
- Airstrike on Syria Ghouta kills 15 children taking shelter in school: Monitor
- 8 dead in Mali ethnic clashes
- Palestinian President calls US ambassador to Israel ‘son of a dog’
- ‘Any actions & tricks to split China are doomed to failure’ – Xi
- Myanmar is worst-performing country for aid access
- Profile: Bangadeshis killed in US-Bangla plane crash
- 'Mentally much stronger now'
- Plane crash: Father, daughter laid to rest
- DNA profiling of 5 unidentified bodies this week
- Putin says will engage with West after record vote win