Decision to reduce marks from MCQ won’t be changed: Nahid
Published : 09 Oct 2016, 17:36
Education Minister Nurul Islam Nahid today said the government will not change its decision on reducing 10 marks from Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) method at both SSC and HSC examinations.
"We will not change our decision on reducing marks on MCQ question.... We want to bring a qualitative change in question paper system through increasing 10 marks on creative question system," he told a press briefing after holding a meeting with educationists in the conference room of the Education Ministry.
Pro-Vice Chancellor of Dhaka University Professor Md Aktaruzzaman, Professor Zafar Iqbal of Shahjalal University of Science and Technology, Executive Director of Campaign for Popular Education (CAMPE) Rasheda K. Choudhury, a professor of Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) Mohammad Kaykobad, attended the meeting.
- Most viewed
- Bangladesh face Afghanistan in crucial super four match tomorrow
- Bangabandhu Gold Cup Trophy ceremonially unveiled Saturday
- Libya urges 'effective' UN action to end Tripoli violence
- EVM to be used in election if legalised: CEC
- WB Vice President due Sunday to discuss Rohingya issue
- Iran FM blames 'foreign regime' backed by US for parade attack
- Virtual or real? Fashion world split over digital supermodels
- Kenya lifts ban on lesbian film
- 24 killed as gunmen attack military parade in Iran (VIDEO)
- Bangladesh jute, handicrafts sector to get more Dutch assistance