RU to implement Taka 363-cr uplift schemes
Published : 04 Jan 2017, 16:50
Rajshahi University (RU) will implement various infrastructure development works at an estimated cost of around Taka 363 crore within next four years.
"We will construct two ten-storey dormitories for students and another ten-storey residential building for teachers," said Prof Chowdhury Sarwar Jahan, Pro-VC of RU adding that a project has already been passed by ECNEC in this regard. The proposed names of the dormitories are: 'Sheikh Hasina Hall' and 'Shaheed Qamaruzzaman Hall'.
RU has prepared a 25-year master plan to beautify the campus so that it can compete with other famous universities around the globe.
A 20-storey academic building and another 10-storey administrative building will also be set up to accelerate the university's academic and administrative activities.
Besides, building a boundary wall around the campus, construction of a footbridge at the main gate and drainage projects have been incorporated into the master plan.
In addition, modification of the building for Sheikh Rasel Model School,fourth science building, fourth arts building, Motihar hall and remaining works of Agriculture faculty building will be completed in future.
RU will also establish a park, cultural centre for Music and Theater department, construct a modern drainage system and cafeteria and widen the internal streets of the campus.
Prof. Chowdhury said they have chalked out the master plan to develop everything systematically on the campus. "Our main goal is to digitize every process in the university in a transparent manner, starting from admission to recruitment," he added.
VC Prof Md Mijanuddin said, "The campus was completely underdeveloped and full of anarchy when I took charge as VC in 2013. Every administrative activity was in a muddled state back then."
Upon successful implementation of the projects, the campus will get a new look, he opined.
- Most viewed
- Want to end nasty politics, Khaleda tweets
- President for resolving CHT land dispute to explore dev potentials
- BSC to get new 6 ships by 2018
- Korean envoy for stronger cultural ties with Bangladesh
- Land Minister’s son, 10 others land in jail
- Indian climber missing on Everest, guide in bad condition
- Nothing to get scared of chikungunya: Sayeed Khokan
- After 10-year gap, Thai lotuses bloom again
- Unplanned Tourism Effects Biodiversity of Cox’s Bazar: Secretary of MoEF
- Heat wave may continue for some days