Aishwarya is not playing a surrogate mother in Jasmine
Published : 10 Jan 2018, 15:39
A Juhu birdie chirps to say that Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is upset that the makers of the upcoming film, Jasmine: Story Of A Leased Womb, have been using her name to promote the film.
Ash has not yet had a script narration and is particular about announcements.
Speculations were rife that Aish has been approached for Jasmine, where the female protagonist will be essaying the character of a surrogate mother.
The film is said to be based on a real-life story set in Gujarat. However, now that Ash rubbished the rumours, it is to be seen who will be the lead face.
Jasmine marks the directorial debut of Siddharth-Garima, the writer duo of Toilet: Ek Prem Katha (2017) with Shree Narayan Singh as producer. For now, Aishwarya features in Fanne Khan and has given her nod to the remake of the Nargis Dutt-starrer Raat Aur Din (1967).
- Most viewed
- Amaranth Walnut Salad Recipe
- Keep vigil on crimes in jail: President
- Asaduzzaman Noor and Shykh Seraj named for Independence Award
- Teenager held for ‘raping’ Sunamganj minor girl
- Power generation sets new record; crosses 10,000 MW
- ‘Robber’ killed in gunfight with Rab at Gabtoli
- Woman found dead in Narsingdi
- 2 to die for killing man in Manikganj
- 2 years of Tonu murder: Protesters demand justice
- 5 Rohingya ‘robbers’ held in Cox’s Bazar
- Airstrike on Syria Ghouta kills 15 children taking shelter in school: Monitor
- 8 dead in Mali ethnic clashes
- Palestinian President calls US ambassador to Israel ‘son of a dog’
- ‘Any actions & tricks to split China are doomed to failure’ – Xi
- Myanmar is worst-performing country for aid access
- Profile: Bangadeshis killed in US-Bangla plane crash
- 'Mentally much stronger now'
- Plane crash: Father, daughter laid to rest
- DNA profiling of 5 unidentified bodies this week
- Putin says will engage with West after record vote win