Jaya wins Filmfare best actress award
Published : 18 Feb 2018, 12:49
Jaya Ahsan has bagged the Filmfare best actress award for her Indian Bangla film 'Bishorjon'.
The actress, who balances her work both in Bangladesh and India, received the honour of the Jio Filmfare Awards (East) 2018 at Kolkata's Science City auditorium in India.
She was nominated in two categories Best Actor in a Leading Role (Female) and Critics’ Award for Best Actor (Female) for her acting in the role of a Bangladeshi widow named Padma in Kaushik Ganguly’s Indian Bangla film 'Bishorjon' based on the 1947 Partition.
For the same role Jaya won Zee Cine Award in best actress category (Bangla Film) in December, 2017.
Lead singer of Bangladeshi band Chirkutt, Sharmin Sultana Sumi, and its composer-drummer Pavel Areen were also nominated for Jio Filmfare Awards (East).
Sumi was nominated in two categories, including, Best Playback Singer (Female) and Best Lyrics for the song ‘Ahare jibon’ from the India-Bangladesh joint venture film, ‘Doob’, directed by Mostafa Sarwar Farooki.
Pavel Areen got the nomination in Best Background Score category for the same film.
Source: Prothom Alo
- Most viewed
- US leaves 'hypocritical and self-serving' UN Human Rights Council
- Messi shares video of Bangladesh fans [ VIDEO ]
- 20 June Births
- 20 June Deaths
- 20 June Events
- Five killed in Rangpur, Gaibandha road crashes
- 'Killer' Nura held over Banani businessman murder
- Eid holidaymakers start leaving capital
- Moon sighting committee meets Friday
- 5 Reasons why Brazil is the favorite to win the World Cup