Singer Asif sent to jail
Published : 06 Jun 2018, 17:03
A Dhaka Court has rejected the bail and remand pleas for popular singer Asif Akbar and sent him to jail in a case filed by contemporary lyricist and composer Shafiq Tuhin against him over copyright issues and threats.
The court of Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Keshab Roy Chowdhury passed the order on Wednesday.
Earlier in the day, Criminal Investigation Department (CID) produced the singer before the court with a five-day remand plea.
Earlier in the morning, Asif was detained from his studio in Dhaka’s BFDC area around 1:30am on Wednesday, said Molla Nazrul Islam, special superintendent of police under the Criminal Investigation Department.
Apart from Akbar, four unidentified people have also been accused in the case filed with the Tejgaon Police Station on Monday.
- Most viewed
- 2 more suspects killed in Mymensingh ‘gunfight’
- 22 June Births
- 22 June Deaths
- 22 June Events
- Get hands on healthy food this yoga day
- Fan moments at FIFA World Cup Russia 2018
- Brazil to provide support for development of football in Bangladesh
- 29000 academic bodies work to mobilise anti-narcotics public opinion
- New Zealand PM gives birth to baby girl
- SC Order on Khaleda's bail in 2 cases July 5