Actress Rani Sarkar passes away
Published : 07 Jul 2018, 15:20
Octogenarian actress Rani Sarkar passed away at the age of 86 at a private hospital on Satarday morning.
She breathed her last at 4am in the morning on Saturday, General Secretary of Bangladesh Chalacchitra Shilpi Samity (Bangladesh Film Artistes’ Association) Zayed Khan said.
She was undergoing treatment for old age complications.
After a short stint in theatre, Rani Sarker started her acting on silver screen in 1958 in AJ Karadars Urdu film Dur Hai Sukh Ki Gaon.
In her long career, the actress acted in around 250 films including Chanda, Talaash, Bandhon, Sangam, Ish Darti Par, Paiose, Kaise Kahu, Azan, Kacher Deyal, Kach Kata Hire, Behula, Anowara, Chhoddobeshi, Bhawal Sannyasi Titas Ekti Nadir Naam, Chandranath, Shubhoda, Devdas and others.
In 2016, Bangladeshi Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina provided her financial support worth Tk 20 lakh. The same year, she received life time achievement award for her contribution in the film industry of Bangladesh.
Rani Sarkar was born on Sonatola village of Kaliganj thana of Satkhira district of Khulna Division in Bangladesh.
- Most viewed
- Keto or vegan? Hear it from the nutritionist
- Happy Birthday Priyanka Chopra: 5 times actress turned heads
- Wonder benefits of coconut oil
- Three people killed in Thailand helicopter crash
- Robert Miller likely new US envoy to Bangladesh
- Google faces record 4.3-bn-euro EU fine over Android
- HSC, equivalent exams results tomorrow
- FAO recognizes Bangladesh as 3rd top fish producing country
- Govt. took all steps for conservation of Sundarbans: PM
- Sonam Kapoor's Truly 'The Good Wife'